A nicer thank youEven though I don’t have the actual numbers to prove it, I would say that at least 80% of the work I’ve done as a freelancer came from referrals. Referrals from friends, from happy clients and from people who never met me, but know my work. I’m really grateful for this.
So as a way to show my appreciation for these gestures, I’m offering a referral scheme: if you recommend me to someone with whom I end up doing business, I’ll give you a £100 Amazon voucher. Simples!
It’s not a fortune, but I think it’s a nicer way to thank you for your kindness.
How does it work?As I mentioned above, this is just an extra way for me to say thank you for helping me. And with this in mind, I hope you don’t see it as “easy money”. The same way I send extra work to fellow freelancers (and agencies), I appreciate when others send work to me.
The rules are short, simple and hopefully clear:
- I’ll give the voucher only to the person who recommended me;
- For ease of reference, the referral should come via email from a person with whom I’ll be doing business. Just ask for your name to be mentioned when they contact me;
- This might be obvious but, vouchers will only be given for contacts that lead to paid work;
- Similarly, I’ll send your voucher only after my first invoice is paid;
- And lastly, this offer is not available for recruiters. Sorry.
In short: you send them my way, they mention your name, I do my work, I get paid and you get your voucher via email.
Sounds like a sweet deal?
Cool! Then please send them my way! :)
If you have any questions about this, just email me first.